The process of arm workout helps a person feel much powerful than before. On the contrary, a relatively common fitness myth is that any weight lifting type can lead to a person becoming bulky. It does not matter whether you plan to bulk up or not; either way, it is excellent for you. You should not let the fear mentioned above get in between your way of lifting those weights. This article includes some of the best arm exercises for women, so go ahead and try them out as per the directions mentioned.
Overhead press and bicep curl:
- For this exercise, you are required to stand straight, both your feet should be under your hip area, hold dumbbells in both your hands, your palms should be facing outwards. Then you are supposed to bring the weights closer to the front room.
- Then you need to make sure that your torso is stabilized, further moving your arms in an upward direction. Your arms should be straightened on top of your head, and pressing the palms facing outwards.
- Then you need to bend both of your elbows, moving back to the bicep curl, then you are required to straighten your arms back to the initial position to complete one rep. its effectiveness has made it one of the best arm exercises for women.
The lateral arm rises:
- While talking about best arm exercises for women, not mentioning lateral arm raises would be incomplete. For doing this exercise, you are supposed to stand straight, such that both your feet are at a hip-width distance. Then you are required to hold dumbbells in both of your hands in such a manner that your palms are facing towards the respective sides of your body.
- You are advised to start from the right side while keeping your arms straight but make sure that you do not lock your elbow in that position. Once you inhale, you are required to raise your right elbow in an upward direction towards the ceiling until and unless you notice that your arm is parallel to the ground. Your palm should be facing downwards.
- When you exhale, you are required to bring your hand slowly down to the side of your body. You must be able to look at your hand. Therefore it is not entirely on the side but a bit forward.
- You are supposed to repeat the same process with your other arm. Once done with that, then you need to repeat the same process with both of your arms at the same time.
Overhead triceps extensions:
- For this exercise, you are required to stand straight in such a manner that both of your feet are at a distance of a hip-width from each other.
- Then you are supposed to hold a dumbbell in your hands; you can even go for a heavier weight if you can take it. Then you need to bend both your elbows at the backside of your head.
- You need to straighten both your arms while holding the dumbbell in the air in an upwards direction. After this, you have to bend your arms slowly to lower them; this process will be counted as one complete rep; it is included under the wing of best arm exercises for women.
- This is one of the best arm exercises for women. For this exercise, you need to grab ahold of a set of dumbbells, and then you need to lay back on the ground while bending both of your knees.
- Hold dumbbells in both of your hands, one in each, and then you are required to raise both your arms in such a manner that they are above your chest area. You need to make sure that your elbows are straight, but they should not be locked in any way.
- Further, you are supposed to lower down both of your arms, bringing it closer to your head. As the dumbbells in your hand tend to reach the mat, you are supposed to bend your elbows such that they are at an angle of 90 degrees. Your arm should be to lower down both dumbbells such that they are on either side of your head; your elbows should be bent and further pressing them towards the head.
- Take your arms, lifting them back to the exercise’s initial position; this will be counted as one rep.
The list mentioned above of best arm exercises for women is painless, but they are highly beginners-friendly. These exercises have been specifically designed to target your arms, therefore if you too are searching for the best arm exercises for women, then all you need to do is skim through the above piece of writing, and you are good to go. There is not much equipment required for the exercises except for a set of dumbbells.