Personal hygiene is an essential aspect of human lives. It is not only liked with children, but it plays a critical role in the life of adults and the elderly as it saves us from the disease and keeps us healthy. When people take showers and clean up, they feel confident, fresh, and positive throughout the day. Personal hygiene includes body wash or cleaning your skin, cleaning your mouth, brushing your teeth, combing your hairs, cleaning your ears, hand, feet, and trim your nails properly. How to take care of hygiene is described in detail below.
Skin is a fundamental and essential part of the human body. It helps the body to work as it should be throughout the day. Some of the vital functions of the skin are described below.
- It works as a protective shield for the body’s internal tissues and organs, which is necessary for survival.
- Skin is the most important sensory organ as it allows the brain to feel the sense of touch, pain in case of injury, and itching on different parts of the body.
- Our body needs vitamin D, which is necessary for our bones and helps the bones to stay healthy. The skin helps the body to absorb it.
- Skin acts as a filter system for the human body, or it can be mentioned as the body’s protective clothing as it prevents the bacteria and various other germs from getting into the body.
- The skin helps to maintain body temperature. For example, when an individual feels hot either due to the weather condition or psychological, he/she starts to sweat over the pores in the skin. The sweat that passes from the pores evaporates and helps the body to calm down by maintaining the body temperature. When an individual experiences a cold sensation, the skin immediately tightens up and elevate goosebumps on the skin to lock out the cold.
The skin on the human body needs to be clean to perform its duty. Dirt, body oil, sweat, and germs should be washed away from the body’s surface through warm water. In the case of ears, it is necessary to wash them while taking a shower and use a towel to pat the ears dry. Avoid using anything inside ears such as cotton mops. Please wash your hands when it is necessary, such as
- Coming out after using the toilet
- When sneezing, cough and blow the nose
- Before eating your meal or before eating anything
- When you touch blood or any fluid related to your body
For personal hygiene in kids, it is necessary to rub the hands with the soap for 20 seconds or rub your hands while pronouncing the alphabet. After that, wash appropriately with the water. The duration of time kids takes while washing their hands relates to washing as many germs as possible. When soap is not available, alcohol-based sanitizer could be the perfect choice to maintain personal hygiene in kids. Those kids who have an allergy to some soaps may use cleansing creams as well. Although liniments are not reliable in removing dirt and oil when compared to soap and water. In case of allergy, it’s better to consult a doctor.
Some areas of the body need more attention to maintain personal hygiene in kids or elderly known as sensitive parts because odors can quickly accumulate in these areas. Such as
- Under the arms
- The area of genital (between legs)
- Between the toes
The reason for odor from these body parts is that the bacteria can quickly build-up due to the dirt on the skin’s surface and cause odors. Taking a shower regularly, wearing clean socks and underwear, and sing deodorants can prevent such odors.
Gum disease and tooth problems and be easily void by brushing your teeth and leaning your mouth regularly. Use a soft toothbrush and paste after taking meals and before going to bed. Dental floss prevents the plague from building upon the teeth also helps the gums to stay healthy.
Hair and nails
Washing hair 2-3 times per week is considered reasonable if you have oil-free hair. In case of using hair gel or spray for styling your hair, you should be more careful d wash them properly on time. It is important to avoid sharing your hairbrush as it causes the transfer of many germs and hair lice.
People should trim their nails properly, trim them in a curved shape while taking a bath because it is the best time to do so. Toenails need to be appropriately cut as straight across to avoid any painful malformation of nails.
All of the tips are necessary to maintain personal hygiene in kids. Because these tips will prove helpful to keep you healthy, to protect your kid’s smile, hurry to buy Children’s Sonic Electric Toothbrush. KKUYI disinfection.